2020 FSGP YOUTH FESTIVAL DIVISION
For flutists ages 18 years and younger (college/university students are not eligible)
Date: Saturday, March 7, 2020
West Chester University
Wells School of Music - Swope Music Building
817 South High Street, West Chester, PA 19383
The Flute Society is proud to introduce the Festival Division, which is intended to be a non-competitive event to provide musical growth through evaluation and encouragement. This event is open to all school age students, up to 18.
Elementary, Junior and Senior High students will be evaluated on their individual performances and will receive both written and verbal evaluation/coaching. In addition, each will be awarded a gold, silver or bronze medal for their individual achievements.
FESTIVAL GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
FEES, ELIGIBILITY, REQUIREMENTS, AND OBLIGATIONS
- Festival Entry Fee is $20 (does not include FSGP Membership Fee).
- All entrants must be members of the Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia (may join with entry).
- This is an "open festival" (there is no residential requirement to enter).
- Awards will be presented during the Flute Fair's Competition Winners' Recital on the same day. **We strongly encourage all festival participants to remain for this recital as a matter of etiquette, and respectfully request you plan accordingly.**
- Entrants are responsible for arranging and providing payment for their own pianists.
- Festival scheduling slots may begin as early as 8:00 am and may not be completed prior to 12:00 pm, depending on the number of entrants. We are unable to accommodate scheduling requests.
- Please Note: Students may enter either the Youth Artist Competition or the Youth Festival Division, but not both.
REGISTRATION AND DEADLINES
- Before you can register, you must first create an account and become a FSGP member.
- Complete the online registration forms by Sunday, February 9, 2020 (by midnight EST) deadline.
REPERTOIRE & PERFORMANCE TIME LIMITS
Each student may perform one long or two shorter pieces or movements that total no more than 6 minutes. Pieces must be a minimum of 16 measures in length without repeat. Multiple pieces/movements may be by the same composer as long as they are of contrasting styles.
- Pieces may be for solo flute or flute and piano. Pieces written with piano must be performed with a live pianist
Should you have any questions or require further information, feel free to contact Ms. Inna Leoni, 2020 FSGP Youth Competition Chair, via email.
FSGP Membership is required for all entrants.