For flutists ages 18 years and younger (college/university students are not eligible)
Competition Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018
Location: Swope Hall, 817 S. High St. West Chester University, West Chester, PA
DIVISIONS AND PRIZES
Senior High Youth Artist Competition (ages 15 - 18)
First Place: $200 and Award Certificate / Second Place: Award Certificate / Third Place: Award Certificate
Junior High Youth Artist Competition (ages 12 - 14)
First Place: $150 and Award Certificate / Second Place: Award Certificate / Third Place: Award Certificate
Elementary Youth Artist Competition (ages 11 and under)
First Place: $100 and Award Certificate / Second Place: Award Certificate / Third Place: Award Certificate
FEES, ELIGIBILITY, REQUIREMENTS, AND OBLIGATIONS
- Competition Entry Fee is $25 (does not include FSGP Membership Fee).
- All entrants must be members of the Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia (may join with entry).
- First Place Prize Winners from previous years in the same age category are not eligible.
- Finalists (and their pianists) must be available to perform for the adjudication panel on March 3, 2018.
- First Place Prize Winners in each age category will be invited to play at the Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia's Flute Fair "Winners' Recital" also held on March 3, 2018.
- Entrants are responsible for arranging and providing payment for their own pianists.
REGISTRATION & DEADLINES
- Before you can register, you must first create an account and become a FSGP member.
- Complete the online registration forms by the February 16, 2018 (midnight EST) deadline.
- Entrants are required to perform two contrasting pieces (one selection from the Renaissance, Baroque, or Classical era AND one selection from the Romantic, 20th Century, or Contemporary era).
- Pieces may be for solo flute or flute and piano. Pieces written with piano must be performed with a live pianist.
- Multiple movements of a sonata, concerto, suite, etc. may be considered one piece as long as they do not exceed the time limit for the respective division entered (see below).
- Pieces should demonstrate the entrant's ability to play both technically and lyrically.PERFORMANCE TIME LIMITSThe maximum time allowed for competition performance (including set-up and tuning) is as follows:
Should you have any questions or require further information, feel free to contact Ms. Broz, 2018 FSGP Youth Artist Competition Chair, via email or by phone: 951-240-0448.
- Elementary Youth Artist: 8 Minutes
- Junior High Youth Artist: 12 Minutes
- Senior High Youth Artist: 16 Minutes
FSGP Membership is required for all entrants.
Competition Entry Form will be available soon.