For flutists who are *undergraduate students* currently enrolled in a college, university, or conservatory program for the 2017-2018 school year
Competition Date: Friday, March 2, 2018
Location: Swope Hall, 817 S. High St. West Chester University, West Chester, PA
First Place Prize: $400 / Second Place Prize: $200 / Third Place Prize: $100
COMPETITION GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
FEES, ELIGIBILITY, REQUIREMENTS, AND OBLIGATIONS
- Competition Entry Fee is $35 (does not include FSGP Membership Fee).
- All entrants must be members of the Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia (may join with entry).
- First Place Prize Winners (Collegiate Artist Competition) from previous years are not eligible.
- Entrants (and their pianists) must be available to perform for the adjudication panel on March 2, 2018.
- The First Place Prize Winner will be invited to play at the Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia's Flute Fair "Winners' Recital" held on March 3, 2018.
- Entrants are responsible for arranging and providing payment for their own pianists.
REGISTRATION & DEADLINES
- Before you can register, you must first create an account and become a FSGP member.
- Complete the online registration forms by the February 10, 2018 (midnight EST) deadline.
- Entrants are required to perform two contrasting pieces (one selection from the Baroque or Classical era AND one selection from the Romantic or Contemporary era).
- Pieces may be for solo flute or flute and piano. Pieces written with piano must be performed with a live pianist.
- Pieces should demonstrate the entrant's ability to play both technically and lyrically.PERFORMANCE TIME LIMITThe maximum time allowed for competition performance (including set-up and tuning) is 18 Minutes.Should you have any questions or require further information, feel free to contact Ms. Broz, 2018 FSGP Collegiate Artist Competition Chair, via email or by phone: 951-240-0448.
FSGP Membership is required for all entrants.