For flutists who are *undergraduate students* currently enrolled in a college, university, or conservatory program for the 2018-2019 school year
Competition Date: Friday, March 1, 2019
Location: Swope Hall, 817 S. High St. West Chester University, West Chester, PA
First Place Prize: $500 / Second Place Prize: $200 / Third Place Prize: $100
COMPETITION GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
FEES, ELIGIBILITY, REQUIREMENTS, AND OBLIGATIONS
- Competition Entry Fee is $40 (does not include FSGP Membership Fee).
- All entrants must be members of the Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia (may join with entry).
- First Place Prize Winners (Collegiate Artist Competition) from previous years are not eligible.
- Entrants (and their pianists) must be available to perform for the adjudication panel on March 1, 2019.
- The First Place Prize Winner will be invited to play at the Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia's Flute Fair "Winners' Recital" held in the afternoon on March 2, 2019. **We strongly encourage all competition participants to remain for the "Winner's Recital" as a matter of etiquette. We respectfully request you plan accordingly.** If you are selected as a First Place Prize Winner, your "Winners' Recital" performance will be an inspiration to other competition participants.
- Entrants are responsible for arranging and providing payment for their own pianists.
REGISTRATION & DEADLINES
- Before you can register, you must first create an account and become a FSGP member.
- Complete the online registration forms by the February 9, 2019 (midnight EST) deadline.
Collegiate Artist Entrants are required to perform the following:
- G.P. Telemann - Fantasie No. 9 in E Major for solo Flute (Edition: Bärenreiter) (complete with no repeats)
Pieces may be for solo flute or flute and piano, and demonstrate the entrant's ability to play both technically and lyrically. Pieces written with piano must be performed with a live pianist.
- One (may be multi-movement) contrasting piece of the entrant's choosing from the Romantic, Modern, or Contemporary era.PERFORMANCE TIME LIMITThe maximum time allowed for competition performance (including set-up and tuning) is 18 Minutes.Should you have any questions or require further information, feel free to contact Ms. Broz, 2019 FSGP Collegiate Artist Competition Chair, via email.
FSGP Membership is required for all entrants.