Guest Artist Master Class
Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia Flute Fair 2020
Saturday, March 7, 2020
Swope Music Building, West Chester University, PA
The Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia invites you to take part in this fabulous master class opportunity.
Four performers will be selected to participate.
To be considered as a performer, you must meet the criteria listed below and complete and return this application with your recording(s) by Friday, January 31, 2020.
- The Guest Artist Master Class is for advanced students or advanced adult amateurs who are 15 years of age or older.
You must be a member of the Flute Society of Greater Philadelphia to be considered for this master class. If you are not already a member, please visit www.philaflutesociety.org/membership to join.
Repertoire & Recording Requirements
- Record one solo of your choice (up to 7 minutes in length). The piece that you record should be the piece you plan to perform in the master class. Multiple movements of one piece are acceptable only if they fit within the time limit. You may list an alternate piece on your application if one is prepared (a second recording is not necessary).
- Pieces may be for flute alone or with accompaniment. Pieces written with accompaniment should be recorded with accompaniment.
- Please do not talk or identify yourself on the recording.
- All submitted recordings should be unedited.
- The preferred recording method is an mp3 file submitted with your online application. If you have difficulty uploading this file with the application, it may be sent via email to the coordinator by the deadline. Please label your mp3 file with first initial and last name only.
- You must be available to attend the FSGP Flute Fair on March 7, 2020.
- If accepted as a master class performer, you must register online within one week of notification in order to secure your spot in this master class.
- Performers who bring a parent/chaperone must register them as a guest for the FSGP Flute Fair 2020 - $10 advance online registration or $15 at the door.
Should you have any question or require further information, please contact Elivi Varga, master class chairperson