2021 COLLEGIATE ARTIST COMPETITION
~For flutists enrolled in an undergraduate program at a university/college/conservatory for the 2020-2021 school year~
Preliminary recordings are NOT required to enter this competition.
Undergraduate students who enter the Young Artist Competition but do not advance to the Final Video Recorded Round may enter the Collegiate Artist Competition *free of charge* (provided they meet all eligibility requirements).
Any questions related to this competitions should be directed to Cindy Anne Broz (FSGP Competitions Chair/Coordinator) at email@example.com.
First Place Prize: $500 (Murray Panitz Memorial Award)
Second Place Prize: $200
Third Place Prize: $100
A. Piazzolla - TANGO ETUDE No. 2 pour flûte solo
*no repeat *
J.S. Bach - PARTITA IN A MINOR for Solo Flute: Sarabande
*ONE* CONTRASTING PIECE OF THE ENTRANT'S CHOOSING FROM THE ROMANTIC, MODERN, OR CONTEMPORARY ERA
(MUST BE COMPOSED FOR SOLO / UNACCOMPANIED FLUTE; SELECT MOVEMENTS MAY BE PERFORMED FROM MULTI-MOVEMENT PIECES / SINGLE MOVEMENT PIECES MUST BE PERFORMED IN THEIR ENTIRETY)
Performance Time Limit: 18 Minutes
VIDEO RECORDING SUBMISSION
VIDEO RECORDING SUBMISSION must be a COMPLETE (unedited) single-camera video performance of Entrant's FULL program (multiple camera videos will not be considered), and uploaded as an "unlisted" YouTube video link with your entry form.
COMPETITION GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
FEES / ELIGIBILITY / REQUIREMENTS / OBLIGATIONS
- Competition Entry Fee is $45 (does not include FSGP Membership Fee).
- All fees (Entry and Membership) are non-refundable.
- The FSGP Collegiate Artist Competition is open to flutists enrolled in an undergraduate program at a university/college/conservatory for the 2020-2021 school year.
- There is no residential requirement.
- FSGP Membership is required for all competition entrants. Before you can register to enter this competition, you must *first* become a FSGP member and create an account. Once you are a FSGP Member, you will be able to access and submit your entry form through the "Member-Access" page.
- First Place Prize Winners of the FSGP Collegiate Artist Competition from previous years are not eligible.
- The Winners' Recital will be VIRTUAL (date and format to be determined).
DEADLINES / VIDEO RECORDING SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Entrants are required to submit a link to an "unlisted' YouTube video performance (VIDEO RECORDING SUBMISSION) with completed entry form on or before February 14, 2021 by 11:59pm (EST).
- VIDEO RECORDING SUBMISSION must be a COMPLETE (unedited) single-camera video performance of Entrant's FULL program (multiple camera videos will not be considered).
- In creating your video recording, please do not identify yourself. Though you are not performing "in person," please consider this a recital performance.
- Recorded Video Performances are only viewable to the adjudication panel, competition chair, and proctor(s). Do not post any audio or video performances for this competition on any social media platform.
- Winners' names, photos, and bios will be posted on the FSGP website and social media pages on March 7, 2021. Videos (or portions of videos) may be used for the virtual Winners' Recital.
Failure to meet any of the above deadlines or requirements may result in forfeiture.